What is the difference between B2C and B2B Ecommerce solution? How to make sure your platform meets the specific needs of your business?
Wondering how to choose the right B2B ecommerce solution? The first thing you need to do is to identify the key differences between B2C and B2B ecommerce and ensure your platform meets the specific needs and business requirements.
There are so many platforms on the market and choosing the best one may be quite challenging. Here are some of the key differences you should know about:
- The Size: The first difference between B2B and B2C ecommerce is the volume of sales. The B2B ecommerce is twice the size of B2C in terms of money spent on online shopping. The volumes and transactions in business-to-business ecommerce platforms are larger than it B2C. When choosing a B2B ecommerce solution, you need to find one that is able to handle that.
- Customer Relations: B2C is focused on the acquisition part. The ultimate goal is to acquire customers and sell as many items as possible. In the B2B world, you sell high volumes of an item to the same buyer. The ultimate goal is to retail that buyer and to build a long-term partnership. Based on this difference, the factors when choosing the right ecommerce solution will be different as well.
- Types of Sales & Logistics: The customer relations systems and the sale types are among the most important elements when determining the differences between B2B and B2C commerce. It is important for B2B platforms to have a well-structured and organized system. Shipping, as well as, tracks have to accommodate higher volumes.
- Product Assortment: As a B2B retailer you need to accommodate a number of selling and buyer partners with the sale system and provide multi-vendor catalogs where information about products are available. In your B2B store, you want to make the shopping experience as customizable and unique as possible.
- Terms & Price: Usually, the B2B businesses negotiate different prices with different buyers based on factors such as custom orders, purchase volumes, customer loyalty programs, and etc. The B2B ecommerce solution needs to be able to work with negotiated quotes and allow you to make price adjustments. B2C ecommerce software allows you to set a price that applies to everyone.
Customer relations, transactions, and sales types are all different in B2C and B2B commerce. All those differences create unique requirements.
El tipo de lenguaje: Para los tipos de negocio #B2B el lenguaje tiene que ser más específico, más técnico. En cambio para las empresas de #B2C el lenguaje tiene que ser más amplio, menos complejo, sin tecnicismos, simple, buscando solucionar los problemas https://t.co/9xA8MWaxVK pic.twitter.com/t3wuT3WQTz
— TuPosicionamientoWeb (@DisenoWeb_TPW) 14 de septiembre de 2018